Welcome to Vinyl Stylus, a blog about good music, and what makes music good.

Here, you'll find Rocks In The Attic - a disc by disc journey through my entire vinyl collection.

In a world full of TV talent shows, greatest hits CDs and manufactured pop, take a stroll through something that's good for your ears and good for your soul.

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Rocks In The Attic #124: Alison Moyet - ‘Raindancing’ (1987)

Alison Moyet has never really been on my radar, but for some reason I have both of her first two albums on vinyl. I think her first one, Alf, is courtesy of my Dad’s collection. I must have been passed this, her second album, from somebody else’s vinyl clearout.

I saw Moyet the other night on a television chat show. She looked damn good. I always remember her as being a rather rotund lady, with big drapey clothes, standing like a nightclub bouncer, on Top Of The Pops. In fact, she looked like the female version of Ozzy Osbourne in his tubby post-Sabbath early years. She’s lost all that weight now, and is quite the fox.

Still, this album belongs in 1987, like her waistline.

Hit: Is This Love?

Hidden Gem: Blow Wind Blow

No comments:

Post a Comment