Welcome to Vinyl Stylus, a blog about good music, and what makes music good.

Here, you'll find Rocks In The Attic - a disc by disc journey through my entire vinyl collection.

In a world full of TV talent shows, greatest hits CDs and manufactured pop, take a stroll through something that's good for your ears and good for your soul.

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Rocks In The Attic #92: The Ramones - ‘Rocket To Russia’ (1977)

I’m sure some people think this is a great album - probably Green Day fans - but for me, guitar driven rock music has to have more musicianship than just three guitar chords per song.

This reminds me of taking part in a Ramones tribute night at The Castle in Oldham. Without a band at the time, I got drafted by a friend’s band to sing lead vocals on Sheena Is A Punk Rocker. Aside from karaoke this was probably my only foray into singing without the safety of having a guitar slung across my chest.

Hit: Sheen Is A Punk Rocker

Hidden Gem: Here Today, Gone Tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment